2017-2018 Operating Statistics
Numbers in parenthesis indicate counts from the 2016-17 season
8 local churches hosted Light at the Inn Rotating Shelter:
Our Savior’s Lutheran; Trinity United Methodist; First Covenant; Norway Covenant; Crossroads Alliance (Grace Methodist/Bethany Lutheran); St. Barbara/St. Marys; First Methodist/Quinnesec Methodist and Redemption Hill.
Many other churches were supporting churches either financially or suppyling volunteers, including, but not limited to: Zion Lutheran of Felch, Riverside Methodist of Niagara, First Episcopal of Iron Mountain, Cornerstone Community, Bible Chapel, Mt. Olive Lutheran, First Lutheran, Balsam St. Christian.
- Shelter was open from November 5, 2017 through March 31, 2018 for a total of 21 (18) weeks or 147 (127) nights.
- Occupied all but 19 (15) nights of the season. The majority of unoccupied nights occurred during Christmas to New Year’s week and the last two weeks of March. There were no guests registered the last 13 days of the scheduled season.
- Total bednights (guests per night) for the season was 233 (212). 179 male bednights, 54 female bednights.
- Provided overnight shelter and meals to 18 (16) individual guests; 3 (2) guests stayed for the majority of the season.
- Assisted 2 of those guests into permanent housing in our area; assisted 4 guests into housing arrangements in other areas.